One more page for Narnia Wiki users to use to discuss the goings on of the Main Page! Nominate, nominate, nominate any enjoyable quotes from movies and books, make sure to say where they came from. Queenlucythevaliant 21:26, 1 February 2009 (UTC)
- "Aslan, I'm not who you think I am."
"Peter Pevensie, formerly of Finchley. Beaver also mentioned you planned on turning him into a hat."
- ―Peter Pevensie and Aslan [src]
- "All round the very top of the hill ran a high wall of green turf. Inside the wall, trees were growing. Their branches hung out over the wall; their leaves showed not only green but also blue and silver when the wind stirred them."
- ― (Chapter 13), The Magician's Nephew.
- "My Dear Lucy, I wrote this story for you, but when I began it I had not realized that girls grow quicker than books. As a result you are already to old for fairy tales, and by the time it is printed and bound you will be older still. But some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again. You can then take it down from some upper shelf, dust it, and tell me what you think of it. I shall probably be too deaf to hear, and too old to understand a word you say, but I shall still be your affectionate Godfather, C. S. Lewis."
- ―C. S. Lewis, dedication of LWW [src]
- "Come in by the gold gates or not at all,
Take of my fruit for others or forbear.
For those who steal or those who climb my wall
shall find their heart's desire and find despair."
- ―Chapter 13, The Magician's Nephew.
- "And, for this is the end of all the stories, and we can most truly say that they all lived happily ever after. But, for them, it was only the beginning of the real story. All their life in this world and all their adventures in Narnia had only been the cover, and the title page: now at last they were beginning Chapter One of the Great Story which no one on Earth has read: which goes on forever: in which every chapter is better than the one before."
- ―Chapter 16, The Last Battle.
- "Daughter, I have now lived a hundred and nine winters in this world and have never yet met any such thing as Luck. There is something about all this that I do not understand: but if ever we need to know it, you may be sure that we shall."
- ―Hermit of the Southern March (Chapter 10), The Horse and His Boy.
- "He does not despise real woods because he has read of enchanted woods; the reading makes all real woods a little enchanted. "
- ― C.S. Lewis, On Three Ways of Writing for Children
- "Quick! I am sane now. Every night I am sane. If only I could get out of this enchanted chair, it would last. I should be a man again. But every night they bind me, and so every night my chance is gone. But you are not enemies. I am not your prisoner. Quick! Cut these cords. "
- ― Rilian, (Chapter 11) The Silver Chair.
- "Choose your Last Words carefully, Telmarine!"
"You are a mouse."
"I was hoping for something a little more original."
- ―Reepicheep and Caspian [src]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.