The Magician's Nephew was a full-cast radio drama produced in 1989 by BBC Radio 4 as part of the Tales of Narnia series. It was produced by Geoffrey Marshall-Taylor and dramatized for radio by Brian Sibley.
The Magician's Nephew first aired in Britain on July 23rd, 1989. Ten episodes were broadcast weekly by BBC Radio 4 from 23rd July, 1989 to 24th September, 1989. It was originally produced as an educational resource for BBC School Radio, and first aired during the "Cat's Whisker's Summer Special" programme.
The Magician's Nephew was broadcasted internationally in 1990. Four 30 minute episodes were broadcast on Fridays and Thursdays by BBC World Service from 4th January, 1990 to 12th January, 1990.
- Stephen Thorne - Aslan
- Maurice Denham - Professor Kirke
- Rowina Snaith - Polly
- Simeon Pearl - Digory
- Robert Eddison - Andrew Ketterley
- Katherine Parr - Aunt Letty, Mrs. Lefay
- Rosemary Martin - Jadis
- John Hollis - Frank I
- Joan Matheson - Mabel Kirke, Voice
- Syd Ralph - Queen Helen, Mole
- Douglas Blackwell - Fledge, Man 1
- Michael Deacon - Polly's Father, Man 2
- Eva Stuart - Polly's Mother, Woman 2
- John Sampson - Elephant, Doctor, Policeman
- Zelah Clarke - Woman
- Alison Draper - Hare, Woman 1
- Peter Craze - Panther, Bulldog
- Paul Gregory - Bear
- Paul Sirr - Jeweller
- John Talbot - Jackdaw
- Stephen Tompkinson - Beaver, Warthog, Young Man
- David Goodland - Badger
- Geoffrey Marshall-Taylor - Producer
- Elizabeth Parker - Music
- Peter Howell - Music, Sound Effects
BBC Worldwide originally released The Magician's Nephew to cassette in 1990. In 2000, the BBC released the radio drama as a two-disk CD recording. It is also available for digital download from Audible.