The Emperor-beyond-the-Sea (also called the Emperor-over-the-sea) is the father of Aslan.
The Emperor-beyond-the-sea created the Deep Magic from the Dawn of Time and The Deeper Magic from Before the Dawn of Time, both of which came to culmination in Aslan's death and resurrection. The Deep Magic is engraved upon the Emperor's sceptre.
- Elemental manipulation - It is written that if the law of the Deep Magic is broken, all of Narnia will be overturned and perish in fire and water.
Relationship with Aslan
- "Oh, Aslan! Can't we - I mean, you won't, will you? Can't we do something about the Deep Magic? Isn't there something you can work against it?"
"Work against the Emperor's Magic?" said Aslan, turning to her with something like a frown on his face. And nobody ever made that suggestion to him again."
- ―Susan and Aslan[src]
- The Emperor-beyond-the-Sea is the Narnian name for the Christian God the Father, and Aslan (the Emperor's son) is the Narnian equivalent of Jesus Christ on Earth. In the same way, the Emperor's Deep Magic (comparable to the Law given to Moses on Earth) is completed and fulfilled by the death of his son Aslan (the Narnian version of Christ's crucifixion).
- The Emperor is mentioned in five of the seven novels, missing only in The Silver Chair and, notably, The Magician's Nephew, but he does not appear in any of them.
- The Emperor-beyond-the-Sea has yet to be mentioned in any film adaptations.
- In The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, Jadis states that the Emperor was the one who put the Deep Magic into Narnia at the beginning (and Aslan agrees), but in The Magician's Nephew Aslan brings Narnia to life, and the Deep Magic is not mentioned. It is possible that the Emperor was working through his son to create Narnia (in the same way that the Gospel of John describes how through Jesus all things were made) and that the creation itself was the Deep Magic. It is also possible that the Emperor put the Deep Magic into Narnia at the very beginning, while Aslan began to create it.